Neko

<bgsound src="http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/estuations4life/T.M_Revolution-_Vestige.wma" loop="infinite"> MystoriouS

Friday, July 22, 2005

Fligh 05~~ My 100th Post~~

To tell the truth, I wish I was more prepared and in a better condition to participate in this camp. I know that I have to be very hyper while maintaining my "cool-ness" so that I don't bore the Freshies off, but I cannot be too hyper because it turns people off really.

Do Everything in Moderation!

Was quite nervous in the morning for the orientation because the first test will be starting soon: the flags!! Brother JC and me took 1 entire day to cut and spray the flag and it looks splendid. I really wanted a good flag so that the morale of the Team would be high whenever they carry the flag along.

Okay and soon, the first members arrived and I started chatting with them with my other OGLs. Got to learn that it's a compulsory camp again, which meant that there's now a heavier responsibility on us to inject enthusiasm into the House, because there will surely be people who were made to attend this camp against their will. I just hope that there'll be none in my Team.

It rained soon, and the telematches were quite ruined it seemed but there IS an alternate wet weather route being planned already and moreover, the telematches won't start so soon anyway; still time for the rain to stop and the floor to dry up.

The first few of A3 to come were Winnie, Alester, Weiming, Leonard and David; already 4 guys!!! And Lixun tells me that each OG should have an average of 1 guy. *sobs* This meant that I'll have less babes in my OG. Having more guys is good though, I'm glad that there's something resembling a balance in gender in my OG already.

When the entire team arrived, I decided to give them a pep-talk, because after all, nobody likes being forced to do whatever they didn't want. Thought it was impromptu, I think the words came out quite okay.

"I know this is a compulsory camp, but since we are all here already, let's make this fun, make this something to remember and that when you look back, you will feel happy that you're really part of your orientation."

Something like that lahz! =P

Anyway Rose decided to give their OG a cheer to start off with, against what we agreed on the other day!! And I can soon see some members sulking already, sigh... it's going to be a looooonnngggg day... I've really got cheers but I really didn't wanna give them. They found mahjong papers to write their cheers on and passed around for more ideas, but in the end, I believe NONE of the cheers are used. Wahahaha!


Write so much but never use any...

In the end, they still got a cheer from me, idea courtesy of Irene though, and I believe that cheer played a huge part that eventually won them the Most Enthu OG. The Madagascar Dance is really infectious I think. ^^

I really think that the OG is a real sporting bunch though. Everybody played their parts, and I sincerely think that if any of them weren't around, it would really have made a huge difference to the eventual results.

Certainly, without them, and the House, I wouldn't have won Best Male OGL. But to be very frank, I really think that whether I won or not it's not important because it is after all NOT my orientation. But hey! I think my nagging problem of buying new footwear for my worn out ones have just been solved!! Muahahahaha... $40 WoS vouchers!!

Fright nite is up next! And I even got the chance to lead some of my OG members, although they dunno who I am. We're all dressed up scarily =X


I'm one of them ^^

Imagine her Jumping at you in darkness...

Nothing much to talk about here seriously, except that the Nite was really well planned, though the layout of the building didn't really favour us, but it was a really scary place to have the Fright nite in.

After that, it was lights out.

The 2nd day was about the Teacher's Challenge, where we'll do stupid things all around Singapore. But this time, I was very happy that the games weren't as silly as the ones I used to play, and so we still got to keep tiny shreds of our dignity haha!

The rain did not make anything better for us though, but I was very happy that the Team went ahead with all the challenges without complaining 1 single bit.

And thanx Winnie, for purple umbrella comment lolz! XD


Teacher's Challenge

I must admit that the MRT rides with them sux though! They are almost all "psychotic" or "psychotic-wannabes." To those who are confused, actually I mean "Psychic"; almost all of them were trying to play that "blackmagic" game that I last saw in Secondary School... Like 10 years back! Sheeesh, gimme a break! Luckily I have Ying's book with me, got a few pages read while they were trying hard to read each other's minds...

*rolls eyes heavenward*

Only Martian didn't catch on to the game, and I think Yvette as well, but I really got turned off lolz!

Anyway the Challenge ended at 6 for us, and we were the 3rd group to return to base. And I'm very pleased to find out that A1 came back 1st! Woohoo! Gratz!

I REALLY WONDER WHY WE NEVER WIN?!

The 2nd nite was the Finale Nite, where as usual, we have to put up a skit to entertain the crowd, our skit was real funny, but didn't caught on with some of the people it seems.

However, I told them, as long as you people had fun on the stage, it doesn't really matter if the rest enjoyed or not; those people who found it funny, good for them, those who did not, who cares?


Matrix, dim sum unloaded
Sidenote: We didn't do really well for the skit.

That nite, we walked out for supper despite our tired legs. And they were STILL trying to be psychotic OMG.

So next morning, we went for the "Graduation Ceremony" where we won many prizes.

(Repost)
Led by:
Yangming (Avengers Team 3, House Head)
May (Avengers Team 1)
Jinghan (Avengers Team 1)
Raizal (Avengers Team 1)
Rose (Avengers Team 2)
Vanitha (Avengers Team 2)
Boon (Avengers Team 2)
Irene (Avengers Team 3)
Jincheng (Avengers Team 3)

The House Captured:
Overall Best Male OGL (Yangming)
Overall Best Female OGL (May)
Most Enthusiastic OG (Avengers Team 3)

out of a total of 7 + 1 awards given out at the "Graduation Ceremony" (1 given out during the finale night)

Props:
OPMC, for sponsoring my sandals/slip-on shoes and my Group's first outing, for the awesome Camp planned.
Avengers 1 and 2, for being sporting and participating in the cheers I lead enthusiastically.
The OGLs in my house, for co-ordinating with me and helping me along the way.


Special Thanx to:
Brother JC, for being there for us all the time, the silent man, we always do a good job together right?
Xiaohui, for helping me all the time, taking care of the girls, cleaning up all the loose ends I left.
Leonard, for carrying the flag~
David, for the Contact List, and water-boy.
Weiming, for being Peter Russell.
Xuwen and Shikin, for just being there, we wouldn't have done it without you gals.
Alester, always such a reassuring person to have, for co-ordinating between me and the guys.
Jessica, for all the weirdo cheers and the effort trying to be psychotic.
Yvette, the icy-babe, for being sporting despite not feeling well. (That goes for Shikin as well)
Charlene, for narrating the story!
Carol, Pink Fluff, for being a rival for the most qian bian wen da ti!

Did I miss out someone again? Hehe okok, don't make fun of you le larz!

Last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST,
Winnie, for being a non-psychotic like me, for the ultra-sporting behaviour, the whirlwind kick, the treading-on-water skill, the role of Chapbongbong, and many more.


Slops:
The non-existant "Angel-Mortal" game.
The purple umbrella.
The failure to win best house.
The rain.
Nothing much else I can think of.

Cheers,
Yangming, friendly neighbourhood skirt-chaser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home