MystoriouS
Reply to a comment made
Hehe, today I'm quite tired after injuring my thumb in a basketball game just now but overall I played okay lahz, so it was probably alright for me to get injured and sit out without feeling bad about myself. **I can't post the picture up... Something wrong with the Hello connection. Will repost again**Anyway I'm a little tired to write much today, so I'll just blog a sentence, and then reply to a post by anonymous.
The sentence is,
How come no gals ask me out for breakfast de? =( [Lunch, dinner, tea or supper also can lahz =P]Alright, crap aside, an anonymous person posted a very excellent comment on my post yesterday.
He wrote:
Hmm...i would like to remain anonymous here if u don't mind...Actually, owning a car is not as bad as it seems. Even public transportation like taxi or buses have their inconveniences too. For instance, they are not always available.
Owning a car does have its social benefits as well, especially when u have a family. A simple trip with ur family members in a car all by yourselves can be even more meaningful since one feels more at ease to start a conversation with the other...And of cos if u wanna talk louder, no prob with tat too. This is just one eg.
In terms of costs...I would say everything has its costs. U wanna buy HDB/condo, u need $. All material benefits will require u to have $. So, if u feel that a car can serve u better, why not own one? With a little more diligence and a positive attitude together with practicality, I'm sure it is possible to own one. Moreover, not all guys buy cars to show-off. Not everyone can afford a Lexus btw.
All that i can say is, if u wanna have something, work hard for it. Sacrifices will have to be made. So if u wanna buy a car, be prepared to put in tat extra effort to maintain it. In short, it's about responsibility.
First of all (read finish first don't close the window okay? =P), I mind you being anonymous because I've seen a lot of bad anonymous people posting crap at other people's blog. BUT! BUT BUT BUT! This is a very good comment you've made, pal! Thanks for the constructive comment you've made. I always have my ears open to good ideas. =D
Next up, I have my own comments for the post I wrote. My post was supposed to be written against Gals who jump at Guys who have cars. But I ended up writing something that seems to imply that guys should not buy cars because they encourage gals to jump at them.
I'm very sorry for that slight hiccup, I guess that was rather bad of me to suggest that, even if it wasn't intentional. But hey, still, guys should not buy cars because of the above reasons I stated, simply because, we live in Singapore. COE sux big time.
Ah ha! I think you can't refute that right anonymous? We can buy 2 cars in other countries when we buy 1 in Singapore. Okay, that's beside the point there I suppose, but I'm digressing =P.But I agree with you that "..... if u wanna have something, work hard for it. Sacrifices will have to be made.... put in tat extra effort to maintain it.... it's about responsibility" I like the way you said this. And I'll make the intelligent guess that you're a guy because you're rather defensive in the way you said "not all guys buy cars to show-off." Well, nothing's wrong there, but at least I can call you buddy or something. =PAlright, I AM planning to buy a car someday, so I also don't want to post something rather degrading about myself now. But the guys I'm targeting are those ".... guys around who don't draw enough pay to give their parents, but yet have the money to support and maintain a car just for picking up gals."From the sensible way you talk, I'm exlcuding you from that group of guys. But you probably should not defend them that much. Moreover, some of your points are open to debate, like mine are of course. Thing is, there are a lot of options that allow us to have that "social benefits and flexibilities" that you mentioned. 1. Call a taxi all the timeLike I mentioned, taking taxi your entire life is cheaper than buying a car. And calling a cab also allow one to enjoy that same sort of social benefit and flexibility as if having a car.2. Rent a carRenting a car is also feasible. But I don't know whether this is cheaper or not but at least, you don't have to maintain it, don't have to pay for COE, can even choose and change your car every month or so or whatever number of days you rent it from.There are even lousier ideas such as buying those weekend cars, sharing family cars etc. But since those are rather lousy ideas, then I decline to mention them in much details lahz.But, lemme reiterate again. Pal, what you've said I totally agree and are not wrong at all. But I would also like to point out another point of view like you've done to me lahz. I'm rather appreciative that you can also share your helpful points to whoever's reading this shabby blog. There ARE jerks around, and most guys are not immune to this jerk tag because 1 rotten apple makes the whole basket bad.But that doesn't mean we should not try our best to change our image that there are still S.N.A.G.s around hahahaha!Okok, I'm tired now, need a break I guess... and my thumb is all wrapped up like sushi. Sigh.Take care people,Thanx again anonymous,Yangming -- Friendly neighbourhood skirt chaser with a swollen thumb