MystoriouS
A Dream Come True... For me, from Scarlett...
A Dream come true for me today, and it's really no exaggeration at all. This blog started on September 2003, stopped just before 2004, and restarted after 2 years in 2005.
So why did I restart blogging?
My good buddy SK sent me a nice little link to read; it's our Famous Bloggerina Xiaxue's "Classic post" [Once Upon A Time...]. It was really hilarious to me, and I really loved it. I continued reading her blog and almost fell in love with her bold and audacious writing.
For a time, She was my Idol, along with MrBrown.
I always read MrBrown's article on Today. He has this column every Friday, and I'd look forward to reading another of his hilarious articles. In fact, I have collected the cuttings of the more hilarious ones.
I idolised them, and wanted to make it big also, through blogging because I love to write. I write words by the thousands daily when I was at the peak of writing.
I even emailed MrBrown about a Blogger's Meeting thingy once, and to my pleasant surprise, he replied me in like 5 mins. I still have the mail with me.
MrBrownBut I remembered asking him to give some comments on my site, though I don't think he did, after all he's a busy man; Editor to Tomorrow.sg, Father to Issac and Faith, Loving Husband and Column Writer for Today.
My Wishful Thinking I suppose, although for a time, I continued writing furiously because of the encouragement he gave me through that mail.
Meanwhile, I finished Xiaxue's Classics, and was convinced she was the Bloggerina of my dreamz...
And then I found Kenny!
Man, I am crappy, VERY crappy, as my friends can testify, but this person! This Man! With his Coconuts, brings crappiness to an art form.
I love his condom posts, his datuknameistoolongitis, his "horny I am, Fuck me you must", and a lot more of his jokes"
And no, I did not need to refer back to his posts for these quotes. =)
I would like to say a big Thank You to Kenny, for it was he who "introduced" me to my new Bloggerina, Scarlett.
Meanwhile, Xiaxue's posts are really getting too crude for my tastes. No she's still the Bloggress to look up to in Singapore's pseudo-free-speech society, but sometimes I just cannot bear to read her posts.
Her latest post is really fierce too; and no, I'm not going to tell her how to blog, she IS the bloggress around here. In fact, we all should take some pointers off the way she writes sometimes. Singaporeans are sometimes too timid for their own good.
At around this time, I started to lose faith in my writings already. I don't know who reads, I don't know who visits, and I'm convinced I won't make it in the Singapore Blogosphere because my style of writing don't resemble anything like the Blog-lebrities. There was once I even have to set up a mini-poll just to get names so that I can personally thank whoever was reading my blog.
I write stories and poems, they write about current stuffs and such. Different Genre altogether.
Anyway I took Kenny's test to see which Singaporean Blogger I resemble...
And I got this awfully Pretty Girl Scarlett Ting.
Yah, Scarlett-who? Anyway I don't know her at that point of time. But even with the twirly face, I can see that this girl here is a beauty.
Her Jigsaw Pieces on her blog of her various parts of her body also convinced me that gals say they are ugly only because it's impolite to do otherwise.
Her writings are not as spectacular as Xiaxue's, not as funny as Kenny's, but somehow I like her writings more than XX's. Very peaceful and not provocative.
And then one fine morning, I received a message from Siaoying. The gist of the SMSes were, "You got a message from Scarlett Ting."
I was like... Duh! Would someone like her visit a blog as pathetic as mine? Impersonator perhaps... But I was secretly hoping it's really her...
Scarlett, my bloggerina~You people might think that I'm quite fake, idolising someone new just because the person posted on my blog. But the sad truth is, this pathetic blog does not even attract 50 visits per day, and I've long gotten over the fact that I should probably blog less and do other things more because there's no one really reading anymore.Tomorrow.sg was a failure to me also, simply because my works are not suitable to be categorised under any of their categories.I was really gonna give up this part-time blogging for something else, been blogging with less frequency and less substance, until my new Bloggerina posted. Might sound exaggerated, but I really feel like writing again, at a time when my assignments are coming in, and my work is starting to pile up.I know who has really been reading here, like Siaoying, Pet, Fanglin and probably many others who didn't leave a name. Thank You people.But I would also like to say...Thank You Scarlett, you won't know how much that little post did for me. Hopefully one day I can chat with you on MSN or something and get to know you better. =)Feeling accomplished,Yangming