MystoriouS
Being Attached Can Bring Out The Worst In a Person.
Attached in this context means having a boyfriend/girlfriend lahz. And before I even start, I would like to add a disclaimer saying that I am not having "sour grapes" now because I'm single now and I'm bitching about lovey dovey couples.
Now, now, now... Where do I start? Let's start from the most basic thing: No Man (Woman) is an Island. But after some people get attached, they basically revert back to their own paradise island, cutting themselves away from their social world (read: Friends). I think some of you readers might have already experienced how difficult it is to ask a newly attached friend out for a meal or shopping spree, while personally, I have even encountered people who don't even want to chat with me after a new love life sprouts.
I'm sure now some of you are thinking, "Wow, this kind of people also got ah?" or "This is very bad of the person lorz!" but then, I'm writing this cos I was nearlyt once guilty of it as well. The Honeymoon period was very sweet I guess, for some people.
Abysmal Trait 1: Neglect Friends.
The next thing I'm going to talk about is "being faithful" and I'm going to link it with the stupid old proverb, "The Grass is always Greener on the Other Side."
This is stupid, because if you say the grass is greener on MY side, then according to the proverb, YOUR grass would be greener than mine to me! Which means, I probably should get a buddy next time and exchange wives for a few weeks so MY wife would look better after that.
Nonsense!
Wenzie in her blog with an excellent post (dated Apr30 2005) mentioned that
"...Those who are on de "defensive" side...wud say dat....third parties exists.. to "test" how strong a relationship can last...and whether the relationship can withstand another party from entering...To some extent yes.. ..but on the other hand. not exactly.Humans... are often "sway-ed" by temptations ..i guess in the rship..it wud be too.. esp when theres this other party.. of the opposite sex.... who can be ..hmmm.. very attractive..good lookin..hot bod... x-factor..or even sex appealing........i guess sometimes it wud be hard to resists... "
There, the Grass IS Greener on the other side huh? Even if I have a girlfriend with D-Cup boobs I'll still think that the gal over there with a C-Cup boob has nicer assets... And why? Probably because the other pair of watermelon is not as accessible as the pair beside me now!
Nonsense!!
No matter whether izzit just looks, just character or both, men and women seem to think that after a certain time, there is someone better. Well, new friends alwayz bring new excitement, but in the end who is truly the one that loves you?
She finishes off with "...Love is blind.. probably... to put in a manner where this guy is blind and doesnt noe wad he wans(...) not that hes blinded by love ...get wad i mean?..."
I totally agree, if we know what we want, I'm sure our grass on this side, no matter how green or how blue or how pink it is, would be more nutritious that whatever is there on the other side.
Abysmal Trait 2: Possibility of having an affair. (If you are single, you don't have a bf/gf to hurt =D) There are probably a lot more Abysmal Traits which I have not listed out yet, afterall, I only wrote 2 so far. But then I do not want to spoil the chance of myself getting out of bachelorhood by saying too much here hahaha. Okay, I'm sure that didn't help also...Next, I dunno why people change when they get attached and all these weird thingies comes out from nowhere and changes their lifestyle and also other people's conceptions about them as well. But the fact is, some people DO change after getting a bf/gf.Besides having to prioritize time for the other half, there are many other factors as well, like cutting off contacts with friends of the opposite sex because the other half dun like or is insecure or stuffs lidat.But then again, don't we all love the other half for what he/she really is?Yes, changes HAVE to be made because we are no longer just responsible for ourselves, but also for the other half as well. Therefore we must be faithful and loyal, and keep tabs on our other half to make sure he/she does the same as well. Pet in her blog with a meaningful post (dated Apr30 2005) has a looooooooooong list of her "can-do" while being alone.I'm just sad that she has to curb her usual "instincts" because of the "being attached and having a boyfriend" part. Hmmm... though I feel that some of the items on the list is "have-to-be-changed-after-having-a-bf" but there are a lot of other items which need not be changed. And oh, that post probably means friends as well as "partners."Sigh, why can't we be more natural in loving another person? I'm sure during courtship the lifestyle of people are still normal right? Then how come together already people start to turn into hermits? Many questions to answer perhaps, but then I know what I really want for a lifelong companion. =) So it doesn't bother me as much as it would maybe you after reading this post.For me, I would still live a life of courtship everyday after getting attached, that way I can avoid growing bad stuffs out of my ears as punishment for all the abysmal stuffs I may commit.Shucks! I don't even have a girlfriend yet. Guess I'm just talking nonsense here haha!That's all for today folks~YangmingAbysmal:
- having immense or fathomless extension downward, backward, or inward
- immeasurably great
- immeasurably low or wretched