NIE Class @ Aloha Changi 25/05/05 - 27/05/05As you guys know, I went on a short vacation to a chalet with my classmates 2 days back. I've only just returned from the Chalet today. But unfortunately I will not be able to post much pics on the chalet this time because- The files are too big yet again.
- The majority of us wore really slip shod clothes, so must protect the girls' privacy. =P
- I did not comb my hair for much of the stay. =(
The get-together session started at around 4pm on wednesday. I took a cab carrying all my stuffs to the chalet (3 bags worth) but the cab went to the wrong Aloha. How sad... Anyway the trip from the Pasir Ris Aloha to the Changi Aloha (where all the ah guas are keke) took my cab fare from $7 to $10. =(
Anyway when I reached there, only Kat and Irene were there. We chatted for awhile hanging around Irene's car and putting my things in, waiting for Weiwei's arrival; she's the one who has the identification and stuffs.At the same time, we fed the mosquitos...
The open concept bunglow chalet.The picture above is the Chalet we are bunking in. The 1st storey consist of a porch-like area with sofa and table on 1 side, the other side is the "dining area" where none of us dines. There is a room with 2 beds and also a well equipped kitchen.The 2nd storey has 3 rooms, the "living room", sofas, tables and also a television. Every room has its own toilet so we had a good supply of toilets around. There's also a secret room in the master bedroom that none of the keys can open. At first thought we thought that it might be the door connecting the master bedroom to the other room, but on closer observation it isn't.Anyway we steered clear of the master bedroom. There were too few of us to occupy the entire bunglow anyway. The 1st storey was generally deserted and only the kitchen is used extensively.Oh did I forget to say, we had nice guests too! The bloody mosquitos!!
@ the seafood restaurant.After checking in and checking out the stuffs, we waited for the arrival of LX before heading out for dinner at the nearby seafood restaurant. The food was alright and a tad bit on the expensive side. But the crab was excellent! Except that I'm no seafood gourmet. Then Brother JC had to go off for his meeting while the rest of us had some fun at the Photo Hunt machine. Despite our best efforts, we could not break into the high scores, missing out by a little.Anyway, while we were walking back home from Changi V, we saw this cat.
A literate cat -.-The 1st night was spent supporting the teams from the UEFA Champions League Final. I'm a Liverpool supporter and I forgot to take a picture of me at ½ time, when Liverpool was trailing 0-3. I was so disappointed I was that silent until my friends were looking at me with queer eyes.I went to bathe at the ½ time interval, and came out wearing my Liverpool Jersey, deciding that I did not support them only when they were winning.Oh well, the team had done it once 0-3 to 3-3 in the UCL before against that Swiss Club Busel or something, and I was determined they could do it again.And they did.Oh my, it's really like a fairytale when they scored the 3rd goal. You'd be able to relate the fighting spirit with comics like Slamdunk! The moment they won the Cup I was so touched that I nearly cried hahaha.The impossible have been done, by keeping on believing, and this will be a night to remember not because Liverpool won, but because of the fightback they made.Anyway I concussed to dreamland after the match ended at 530am and slept until 12pm. ½ the day gone already, and Weiwei went for her tuition already. LX was not around also because he had to go back to school.Met LX at TM for lunch at 1+. And then we went back at around 3+. The highlight of the night was the arrival of Guests (not mosquitos this time) that we invited to the chalet. Like Prof Shawn and friends, Cheryl and kids and Jill's parents. But, I will not be around because I had to go for my tuition as well as a secret mission: to bring back the cake for the birthday celebrations!Happy Birthday Lixun and Irene!
Happy Birthday to youuuuu~~~By the time I was back, the Guests have already gone and it seemed that I've missed a pretty Japanese Friend that Prof Shawn brought. =( But oh well, no fate it seems, but nevermind, I came back, bathed and changed and when Weiwei finished her bath, it's time for the birthday surprise!
Class of CAB2003That night, we had games of Big2 with numerous rule changes. But the forfeit remains the same: Drink drink and drink. Hoegaarden beer is good!That same night, the class had some very insightful talking revolving around me. I don't think I'm going to post what we said on this blog, but I'll post whatever I thought about during that conversation. It's certainly very insightful and I hope I can share it with you all. Just that it is a little hard to phrase it into words on a blog, and it is pretty sensitive...Anyway, the World IS small enough that my classmates know in person who 'W' is from Sneeze. And the conversation is about the gal, 'W' and him, which is why it is sensitive.Well, that's it for today I guess. It was an awesome party and gathering and I only hope we can have more of it next time, minus all the interruptions in between.Thanx people, you pals are great!YangmingP.S. Hope I didn't miss out much stuffs.