Neko

<bgsound src="http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/estuations4life/T.M_Revolution-_Vestige.wma" loop="infinite"> MystoriouS

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Right, Rights, Yeah right

Different classes have different ways of managing. Yah yah, I know this is an awfully simple concept that everyone in the World knows, but when I go right down to teaching I never knew the difference is THAT big.

Yesterday I taught a few classes of chinese. My first class is a bunch of sec 3 students and they were very encouraging as a class, I guess as long as the teacher is not too unfriendly, he/she will have a very good time teaching them. I even made a few friends to prove that I'm not actually THAT old yet. Yayy~

My next class however, is a year younger collectively and I felt like 20 years older when I'm teaching them. This bunch of sec 2 kids are so darn unreceptive and I can really feel the generation gap widening into a chasm. Some even have "Attitude" but I digress, still kids afterall and I dun really want to pick on them heh.

Actually, my P3 classes should have already forewarned me about this; the class last year and the class this year is totally different.

And, some parents really need to put their pride down to help the kids. Sometimes I wonder whether the kid is just a vehicle to propel their own pride, or a totally unique being on their own? Education is education, we don't want to let something as intangible as pride to halt or hinder the progress of our education.

Oh, you say Education is also an intangible thing? Sorry I'm not going to hear that thank you. =P

Parents should start thinking whether they want the best for their kids, or the best for themselves. Face value when comes to this aspect, has absolutely no value for the child at all. But having said all that, I wonder how many parents would really swallow their pride and do what's good for the child. Right now, parents and students alike are just harping on their Rights... Damn their Rights!

In the past, since when parents argue with teachers? Granted now the parents are more educated compared to the past, but do we really want unreasonable parents bullying teachers? Do we really want to give the parents more rights?

Anyone of you who reads this post, please take note of this. Next time if you make it as a politician/minister, please do something about it. I really think teachers need more support already. Anyway trends are like pendulums, they swing one way for now, but will surely swing back the other way.

I suppose when Good Teachers start quitting / dying either by suicide or vomiting too much blood in class / sent to Hougang Chalet , the trend will start reversing back to being more teacher-centered.

Ah, but still I'm in favour of being moderate, meaning Parents, Students and Teachers all get the same amount of Rights and Protection.

Be moderate, Do everything in moderation,
Yangming

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home