Happy Fathers' Day!
Although my father will never read this blog, especially since this is in english, I would still like to blog about my Father. He's a role model in many ways even if he is not literate.
My Father brought my brother and me up by selling Fried Kway Teow, for 20 years. He works from 6 in the morning (He wakes up at 530) and finishes his work 8 at night. So now, my brother is a diploma holder and I'm an University Undergraduate. If anything, this has proved to me that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.
He's a strong, silent and humble man who even has a sense of humour sometimes. I think I learnt 'forgiveness' from him, and it's an invaluable virtue that I have. I forgive people easily, sometimes too easily, but all in all, it's good I guess.
I've watched him over the years, and I've learnt many many little things that a textbook cannot teach, a teacher cannot explain and educational CD-ROMs cannot show. Things like being humble, being hardworking, being responsible and so on. He has also taught me many things, he is not naggy like mother and when he speaks I really listen, unlike me to my mother sometimes. For my mother I have to sift information because she just talk about anything suddenly. But then again, it shows my mother can talk about anything huh?
My father and mother are roughly similar in terms of characters, and I have them to thank for everything that's happened in my life thus far. Without them I probably wouldn't be the Yangming I am, for good or for ill. But I suppose so far, I haven't disappointed them I hope.
Incidently, Happy Birthday Father! Yupz! Both falls on today. How Special can it be?
Thank you Pa.
Might blog a 3rd time later,
Yangming
Other Fathers' Day Posts (Will add on later if I see any other's)
Mr Brown: His Mothers' Day one was better, but this one also worth reading.