Neko

<bgsound src="http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/estuations4life/T.M_Revolution-_Vestige.wma" loop="infinite"> MystoriouS

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Blind

"I can see what you see not
Vision milky then eyes rot
I have seen what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness out of mind
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind"

Excerpt from Diablo I, Quest: Halls of the Blind.

Hehe, lame opening I suppose. Today want to talk about blindness because sometimes I feel that blind people are the truest people on the planet.

They cannot compare beauty and ugliness physically, so they "look" at whoever's got a kinder heart.
They cannot discriminate between who needs help; they only know someone needs help.
They cannot see skin colour, so they can't be racists.
They see nothing, so they will listen to anyone, will feel for everyone.

You can be very sure that when a blind person helps you, he/she is not helping you because you are handsome or pretty.

Sigh, mental block again. I think these are all I can write.

Yangming.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...don't think this really link to the 'blindness' u blogging about but i just thought of the oh-so-cliche-and-overused-or-maybe-even-considered-as-lame phrase, "love is blind".

When one is blinded by love, he/she does anything and everything for his/her partner, even if it is a silly thing. But when the love wears off, he/she does anything and everything but THAT silly thing. Alrights...i'm sorry to write about such an irrevelant kind of 'blindness'... Perhaps I'm just feeling bored or bothered by some things... Cya ard dude.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Anonymous here again... :)

I do agree that blind ppl usually have a kinder heart. In fact, I think they are able to appreciate the things ard them more, and not easily take things for granted.

The loss of sight may be considered one of the worst experiences a person can have. A life of total darkness may bring in misery, depression, anger or many other mixed feelings which may cause one to feel a sense of hopelessness. However, instead of immersing themselves in misery, some have made it a point in their lives to conquer their fear and anxiety to welcome HOPE into their arms. With hope, their lives begin to light up.

Indeed, there is an invisible light which no one can see or feel. This light can only be received by ppl who open their hearts and cast aside passive thoughts that will only lead them to nowhere.

With the light of hope, the lives of these people are changed.

And if it can change their lives, why not the rest of us as well? Yet, there are still some who can see light, but are still lost in the dark wilderness. That's when depression sets in.

Without a doubt, we can learn many lessons from the lives of these blind ppl. Besides a kinder heart, we learn to face life with greater courage, and most imptly, to count our blessings. Every single experience is indeed a blessing-in-disguise, if only we choose to think in such a way.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..btw, with regards to wat glitz said, i think love is not being silly lah...:P

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself. Is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."

So is love silly? No way! It's just how one expresses it thru actions. Some ppl find these actions silly, but are they really silly in the first place? Hmm...Maturity comes into the picture i guess. Different kinds of expressions for love ties in with the maturity level of the person too...And if love dies quickly, then it isn't love (perhaps just a feeling).

Just my two cents worth. :)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Yangming said...

Glitzie: Rather than "love is blind" I think people should use "Love should be blind."

Love is blind is for people who are refusing to admit the flaws of their partners, which is wrong. When I say "should be blind," I mean that people should acknowledge the flaws and still love despite of it.

Anonymous: Nicely put there. I believe that sometimes, the Blind can 'see' more than the Normal people, without a doubt, by the light which you mentioned.

Seriously, if you want to remain anonymous, perhaps you can consider putting some number behind, like Anonymous12345 so that you are a unique being whom I know is around here some of the time.

Keke, I'm sorry, but I believe a lot in the unique identity of a single entity. Especially the name, because "if the name is false, then the existence is also false." (quoted from somewhere)

Well, I can understand if you want to remain anonymous but at least be a unique anonymous person. ^^

"And if love dies quickly, then it isn't love (perhaps just a feeling)."

I believe it's what we call "infatuation." =)

10:23 PM  
Blogger efanny said...

hmm...i dun reali totally agree that visually impaired ple all nec have kinder hearts...dat's like sayin all chinese have bigger noses or all indians have curly chest hair. all humans are born with the same ol' hearts.

n i dun reali agree dat they have a higher probability of living a life of depression, misery, etc. if they are born with visual impairment, they never know light, then there's no lack of, or sense of lack of. just like tribal ple who never know computers all their lives will not feel any void or lack of in their way of living. any depression that may come around in a visually impaired person will most prob be jus e pressure the society puts on him/her to conform to a certain way of living.

wat im tryin to say here is dat we should not overglamorise nor treat visually impaired ple like some exotic other. to endow or crown some special/obscure quality on them jus becos we pity them n wan to make them sound more "worthy" admist us "normal" ple who are so fortunate we dun have a "disabilty."

they may not feel a lack of in their lives, wat's "abnormal or disabled /diadvantaged or unprivileged" to us may be totally "natural", or "normal" to them. They dun need our pity; what they may need though: equal opportunity.

im not sayin anyone here discriminates against the visually impaired, but i do hope though to challenge some of the views that are prevalent these days...hope ya understand...:)

1:06 AM  
Blogger Yangming said...

efanny: Yah I agree with what you say. I'm overgeneralizing things, but I hope you get what I'm trying to mean as well.

I'm trying to say that the truest/kindest kinds of people are perhaps blind people. But it doesn't mean that all blind people are true/kind people.

It's like saying All Squares are Rectangles, but Not All Rectangles are Squares.

Anyway I apologise for the incoherence lately. I'm rather out of sorts. =(

Lastly, I'm sorry I don't recognise your nick but do I know you personally? No, please dun take this question as hostile, I'm quite mistaken lately, but I want to know if I know you in real life or not because I don't recognise your nick.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home