Lost in thoughts... Day 2...
Totally lost, I dunno what I'm writing anymore.
Here's Pet's take on the Xiaxue Issue.
I would like to say something about rights. What is rights? I have the rights to kill someone? Because it is my choice to do so, we're all given the choice to do so right?
Sorry, that might be a bit harsh, but I'm not in a good state. I apologise, maybe I should not blog at this point of time.
Anyway, yes we all have the rights to blog what we want within legal means. But then again does that gives us the rights to ruin other people's day with what our words are? No matter what people think or say, bloggers are very powerful people because other readers are influenced into making a choice or a stand with or against whatever you said. Even things which they usually would be neutral to, they can also be empowered by the words you use into making a decision.
Rights, so what are rights? The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary yielded this search:
2 : something to which one has a just claim: as
a : the power or privilege to which one is justly entitled
b (1) : the interest that one has in a piece of property -- often used in plural
(2) plural : the property interest possessed under law or custom and agreement in an intangible thing especially of a literary and artistic nature
3 : something that one may properly claim as due
I find the above 2 meanings most appropriate for my talk here... The search yielded no less than 9 different meanings.
The power of privilege to which one is justly entitled. Now, this is open to debates. What are the parameters of the word 'justly'? My definition of Justice might be different from another person.
It might be absurd, but I believe nobody should have to rights to ruin another person's day, but they are justly entitled to do that on their own "private (???) space" called Blog. So where does that leave us? On a wildly shaking piece of land called "Moral Grounds," where our own definiation of Justice rules.
A person have the rights to kill another person, but no rights to take away another person's life.
We have the rights to do whatever we want on our own territory, but no rights about anything that infringes on another person's rights.Is that correct? I dunno, I'm lost too.Anyway that's my take on this 'Rights' thing for now, I'm too Lost to speak anymore.By the way, Pet's blog is really getting professional, while mine is rather stagnant and dull in terms of design. I like the little picture of Pet with her halo. I'm also too html idiot to edit my own blog to a point it's what I envisioned for it. Anyway I wonder if I could start photoshopping something nice and place on the blog.Hard, I think, since I don't even know whether I can post photos anymore with the demise of my Hello! software. To be frank I haven't tried yet and I'm a little apprehensive of it failing... again...Last but not least, I would like to wish my dearest "daughter" Linda Chang QianXiu (I prefer this spelling),
All the Best in your studies! And hope you will find Mr Right soonz! Lost, (And still not found)YangmingP.S. Izzit A Lot Like Love? Go catch that show people!Oh, the "Blind" Topic has a lot of new comments, please read on, I think they are very insightful, might post them again.